Thursday, May 26, 2011

Enough Pregnancy Grossies Already

This one is going to be gross so shut the window if you are squeamish.

I am not one of those women who loves being pregnant. I don't feel beautiful. I don't feel sexy. I don't feel alive. I feel like a giant, leaking tub of lard. I went through all of these icky things with my first pregnancy but I must have blocked them out. I think it is a natural defense that God created so that people will continue to reproduce and the world will continue. My newest complaint: the leaks. Everything leaks. It is SO gross. I haven't even had the baby yet and I need to walk around with breast pads and a diaper. Colostrum and mucous plugs with a little urine mixed in. How does ANYONE feel sexy?! I don't want to touch my own boobs much less let my husband have a go. Eew, eew, eew. It definitely says something about a man's sex drive versus a woman. There is no WAY I could overlook some of these pregnancy grossies. Pimples all over the face, weird hairs growing on the neck, saggy boobs, a huge belly that has so many stretch marks that it looks like a roadmap, flabby ass and jiggly thighs. Um, no thank you!! I guess I should feel lucky that my ankles and feet haven't swollen...yet. So I guess I am not disgusting head to toe. Only head to knee.

1 comment:

  1. I read this aloud to my mom and she laughed the whole way. Then "bless her heart!"

    ReplyDelete