Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mommy Dents

A few weeks ago I had a minor car accident and got a few scratches on the front passenger side of my car. Ever since, I have noticed little dents and dings on other cars. As I was leaving Connor's school yesterday I noticed that almost every car in the parking lot had some kind of mark...a mommy dent. It is one of the unknown hazards of parenthood. Between passing food to the backseat, picking up dropped toys off the floor and turning movies on the DVD player it is amazing that I don't crash my car every day. I used to think driving while eating was an accomplishment. Hahaha! I can practically change a diaper while driving now!

My mommy dent is from turning into a parking spot a little too wide while pulling into the hospital to care for my screaming child with a broken leg. Jackson's mom got that crack in the bumper when she backed into the fence across the alley while she was opening a bag of cheerios. Old lady Schmitt accidentally side swiped a car and dented the passenger side when little Logan started throwing up all over the carseat. Mrs. Crane knocked her mirror off on a telephone pole trying to write down directions to Tanner's birthday party while wrapping his gift on the center console and holding her cell phone in the crook of her neck. It is attempted multitasking at a whole new level! As much as we try, we mommies are going to tap another car every once in a while. Occupational hazard. Now come on dads!! Suck it up and let us get our cars fixed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment