Sunday, August 29, 2010

To Lake or Not To Lake

Chris is on his Mount Ranier climbing trip and I am a nervous wreck. All can say at this point is thank goodness for my parents! I went to the lake and spent the night last night. I tend to go there when Chris is out of town because I like having my parents around to jump in when Connor is on my last nerve. This weekend was no different. The problem is that Connor has never slept well at the lake house. NOT ONCE. I don't know if it is being in a different place, room too dark or too light, hating his pack and play, etc. Usually when Chris is with me one of us deals with the screaming kid while the other sleeps and vice versa. I was not so lucky last night. My darling son woke up about every half hour until 3 am or so. I tried letting him cry it out in his pack and play. I moved him to the bed with me (twin bed no less). I tried letting him sleep in his own twin bed. Nothing kept him asleep for more than 45 minutes.

Next weekend is labor day and we traditionally go to the lake to visit. My dillemma is; do I go and risk having another stinky night of sleep or just go for the day and not get to spend as much time with my family. Decisions, decisions.

Now, I am going to sit here sleepy and worried and wait for Chris to call after his day of mountian climbing training. I won't get to talk to him again until Wednesday. Aaahhhh! Pray for my sanity.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I decided to follow you so that you don't feel like such a nerd for having a blog. You are welcome. Also, I think that you should continue to go to the lake because Chris will be there with you this time and Mom and Dad really like to see you guys. I will not be there so someone has to be my stand in :)

    ReplyDelete