Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Kid Didn't Kill Me

Well, Chris is back!!! Wahoo! Now that he is home and everything is all right I can admit that I was not only scared for him to climb a mountain but I was also scared to be alone with my child for five days. Really...I was afraid of my almost two year old.

I think I am a pretty good mom (most of the time) but by about 3pm I start to count the minutes until Chris is coming home. I honestly just run out of things to do with Connor. We play blocks, puzzles, cars, coloring, play dough, go for walks, kick the ball, go to the park (weather permitting) and even end up driving around the neighborhood if it comes down to it. He wants to be constantly entertained and I just don't have it in me sometimes. OK, most of the time. As soon as Chris gets home from work Connor is a new man. He gets excited and chases his dad around until it is time to go to bed. Hearing the garage door is such a relief.

That being said, the prospect of Chris NOT coming home for five nights in a row terrified me. I pulled out all the stops. We went to the lake over the weekend so Nana and Papa could "help out." Aka take care of Connor so I can sleep. We had a hundred playdates. We went swimming, shopping, walking, to the library story time, to the park and even went to the gym EVERY day just so that I could drop him off at the nursery and have a few minutes if alone time. It seemed to get a little less frightening each day and I think the next time Chris leaves town I will be in much better shape. Not that I will ever allow him to try something like climbing a mountain again...ever.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to add that I also helped take care of your child while you were at the lake since you do not want to give me any credit. Also, your blog needs more picture/videos :)

    ReplyDelete