Thursday, January 2, 2014

You Get What You Pay For

I love party poppers. How can you not love something that explodes with confetti and streamers?!  Last week I was at Michaels picking thru all the 80 percent off Chrismas items and came across a package of party poppers for $.99. Anyone who knows my husband knows his rule: if it costs $1 we buy it. It doesn't matter what it is. Clothing, toys, glogg... And don't get me started on the time we ate Christmas tree shaped pasta for six months because, "it only was five cents honey!!!"

$.99. I bought the poppers. I hyped the boys up. "It's going to be so cool," I told them. "Confetti and glitter will fly out and it will be like out own private party in the yard.!!!!"

So two very excited little boys went out into the hard ready to pull the strings on their super cool party poppers. Connor had the first one. 

"Oooookkkkk honey, here it comes!  It's going to be so exciting!  Ready?  One, two, three, PULL!!!!!"

No party flew out. I saw one black glob hit the grass a few feet away so I felt around until I found it. 

Nailclippers. 

Seriously?!  I just hyped my children up for nail clippers?  

Perhaps next year I will buy the full priced poppers. 

It's a pretty sad New Years when your kids are wrestling over a pair of nailclippers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment