Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Inner Workings of The Sinuses/Thank You Shelley

Spring break should be renamed spring extra work. I always forget how much I rely on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Having those hours without the boys is essential to my sanity. I take it for granted and then spring "break" rolls around again and I am reminded just how much I love T/Th 9-2. 

And this year is no exception. It is only Wednesday and our week has been filled with yelling, crying, screaming and frustration...and that is just from me. 

These two maniacs will not stop fighting. Fighting over a toy, food, a piece of lint off the floor. It doesn't matter. If one of them has it, the other one wants it. I cannot leave them alone in a room without them physically attacking each other. It is halfway through the day and already we have had a nude wrestling match, a clogged toilet, unauthorized yogurt painting on the legs of my brand new barstools a disturbing neon green poop and ANOTHER object lodged in Charlies nose. 

About six weeks ago we had a fun little visit to the emergency room to have the pediatric ENT remove the Lego stud (little round one) from Charlie's nostril. Not fun. Not cheap. We have had numerous discussions about why it is not all right to put things in your nose. It has apparently not sunk in. Little man started screaming while eating his morning snack. "Ahhhhhhh my nose!!!!!"  I looked up his left nostril and sure enough there is a broken off piece of pretzel up there. "Sniff."  And it goes higher. 

Craaaaaaaaaap!  I picked him up and started to yell for Connor to put his shoes on. Dr. White here we come. Wait!!!  I suddenly remembered a tip my neighborhood friend Shelley had given me when I had told her about the Lego incident. Shelley has five children, four of them boys, and was a practicing surgeon before she decided to stay home with her litter. She MIGHT have some good advice. She told me to plug the other nostril and blow a CPR breath into his mouth. Sure enough that pretzel nugget came flying right out...onto my face. I wiped it off and put in onto the table. "Thank you momma," said Charlie as he promptly picked up the nose pretzel and ate it. 

Connor, who had been oblivious to the whole incident came casually strolling into the kitchen. "Hey mom, I just discovered I can lick my armpit!"

And this is my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment