Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Laundry Woes

Our first night in Napa I was feeling nice and wine happy and decided that I wanted to ask Chris a million questions. About our marriage, his opinion of me, our family, my cooking...you know, really minor things that in NO way could cause any problems. He is a smart man and knows how to work his way around my traps most of the time.

What is your favorite thing about me? Your smile.

What is one thing you would change about me if you could? That you would be happier more often.

What is your favorite meal I cook? Everything, honey.

What housekeeping task do you think I am worst at? …...............Well. I wish you were not such a worthless piece of crap around the house and that you were not so sucky at laundry.

WHAT?!?!?! Ok, maybe he just said the single word “laundry” but I heard that sentence.

How DARE he complain about my laundry doing abilities! I mean, I had no problem keeping up with my own laundry before we were married. It is his and his messy little children's fault that I stink at it now. Maybe if he didn't change clothes all the time and his peanut butter eating, booger wiping, paint smearing little tazmanian devil sons didn't make such a mess I would still be on top of the laundry situation.

Does he REALIZE how much of a pain doing laundry actually is?! There is the pretreating, the soaking in Oxyclean (this is necessary for about 50 percent of my childrens clothes) the washing, the drying, the folding, the hanging AND the putting away. Uh...sooooo much work. For goodness sake...I am not a machine!

So maybe I have to dig through the dryer to find clothes for my boys some mornings. Ok, most mornings. And maybe we regularly wear socks that don't match. Perhaps once in a while I sniff pants to see which one smells the least nasty when I am dressing myself. At least our children are clothed. Except for any afternoon from3 pm on. I mean, who wears pants in the afternoon in their own house? Or before lunchtime? Come on!

Me...bad at laundry? Psssshhhhhh, what could he possibly be referring to?


No comments:

Post a Comment