Thursday, September 23, 2010

Older

Well...another September 23rd, another year older. I had such a fabulous day thanks to my sweet family and friends. Chris and Connor let me sleep late and then woke me up with a big pile of presents. Chris is so great about making birthdays special. I had lunch and a pedicure and Chris even came home early to spend some time with me. He surprised me with a dinner at Eddie V's while Lea Ann watched Connor. He also hired my nephew Zach to install two new fans upstairs so now every room has a functional air circulator!! Woohoo!!

For the past few years on my birthday I always feel like things aren't quite right. I always had crazy expectations about what I would be like a certain age. When I am 21 I will be engaged. When I am 23 I will have a child and get my first promotion etc. This year I feel like I am completely so far beyond what I ever thought my life would be like at 28. I sometimes don't know how it is all possible. I have THE husband. I don't deserve him and he is so wonderful to me. I have the sweetest, funniest little son who challenges me and cracks me up every single day. I have parents and sisters who I love and who will do anything for me. I have several friends who I am pretty certain would come bail me out of jail in the middle of night if I called (although I don't intend for this to ever happen). I mean really...what else could a girl ask for?

Now if I could just do something about the belly flab and eye wrinkles that seem to keep getting worse.

4 comments:

  1. Shouldn't your friends be sitting next to you in jail? :) Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why'd you change your blog's name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the same name, isn't it? I still dont know how to work this thing. The problem is I am so addicted to doing things on my iphone that if it is something that can only be done on my computer I am stupid about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Just remember all of the baby sitting that you sisters did for you when they need some :)

    ReplyDelete