Monday, September 13, 2010

On To The Next Hurdle

Last night our lovely child decided he was no longer going to sleep in a crib. Chris put him to bed and a few minutes later he walked out of his room. Again, Chris but him to bed, took his pillow away so that it could not be used as a step, and then caught him walking down the stairs a few minutes later. This morning Chris and I were awakened by Connor walking into our room saying, "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii." So with great hesitation and dread we decided to take the rail off of his bed to convert it to a toddler bed.


I am the lucky one who got first try at putting him to sleep. He was acting super tired so I decided about 12:45 that it was time for the attempt. We read a few books and then I told him that I would read him one more book but he had to lay in his bed. He picked out "Dinosaur Roar" and we walked to his bed and read it. I handed him his book and told him it was nap time. The second I took my hand off of him he jumped out of bed and followed me to the door. This series repeated five times before I finally realized he was not going to stay in the bed long enough for me to get to the door. I ran to his door and yelled night night. I sat on the floor outside of his door holding the door knob for about ten minutes while he screamed and cried and tried to get the door open. He gave up and I heard him walk to his bed and get it. He read his books out loud for another ten minutes or so and then the noise stopped. I was too afraid to move so I sat outside his door for another few minutes and said several Our Father's for good measure. I am shocked! So please cross your fingers, hold your breath, knock on wood and pray that tonight is as easy.

4 comments:

  1. He looks so cute! Haha-good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love the Our Fathers part. Did you think about getting a crib tent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. awesome paint job on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This child would figure out the crib tent in like 5 minutes, he is very crafty. Also, although I am sure that she would like to take credit for the paint job, the house came like that :)

    ReplyDelete