Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Taking a Chill Pill

I have been so wired and stressed lately with all the craziness going on in our house. We have had construction workers here for three weeks and of course I have been nauseated again, so SORE I can hardly walk and our days have been a blur of grouchiness since little man has a hard time napping while there is construction going on. So after a day of trying to keep an angry two year old contained to the two rooms in our house that do not have tools and tarps on the ground, Chris comes home to a pissy kid and an even pissier wife. Poor guy. He can't win for losing. I complain for months about wanting to get the bathroom remodeled and when he finally lets me do it I complain about the mess and the noise and the inconvenience. Sorry to say this, but women really are impossible to please.

Chris went to a baseball game with a couple of friends on Friday night and I blew up at him. After talking it out (and lots of tears on my part) I finally realized that I have been being a total psycho. I have GOT to relax. The anger is not good for me, not good for my marriage and not good for my child. So for the last three days I have been trying to let things roll off my back more. And you now what? I am all right. I need to remember this the next time I start going insane. Chill is a lot more fun than stressed.

Side note: the house is ALMOST finished. All the tile is laid upstairs and we are only missing two pieces of baseboard, one toilet needs to be set and I am still waiting for the mirrors for the master bathroom. After that...don't let me do any major home projects unless I can go on vacation the whole time they are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment