Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Unconditional Love Redefined

Well, still no Charles. I thought it was going to happen today but no such luck. I started having slight contractions this morning and they have lasted all day. They would get closer together and give me high hopes then BOOM! Completely stopped. Needless to say I was in a pretty pissy mood today. I was trying to hold it together the best that I could because Connor gets a little freaked out when I get irritated. He is like a dog...can definitely sense fear.

Since I was not feeling well he OF COURSE had to put up a fight for everything this afternoon. It was time to get ready for swimming lessons and little man decided he needed to poo. Potty training has really given me a new definition of unconditional love. There is no other person in the world (I mean NO person) for whom I would sit on the floor in front of the toilet and let them rest their head on my shoulder while they pooped. Success! M&M's distributed, swim attire in place and sunscreen applied we headed off to swimming lessons. The teacher was running late and the other kids were playing on the step of the pool so I let Connor get in too while we waited. He decided he was going to hold on to the side and inch his way off the step. Then the little fearless man pushed off the side with his feet and started sinking about four feet away from the side. When he started flapping his arms up and down my instinct kicked in and I jumped into the pool to pool him out. Yes, I jumped into the pool 39 weeks pregnant wearing a sundress, flip flops and sunglasses. Surprisingly Connor was not scared and started yelling, "Thank you mommy for saving me!"

I sat in the sun to try to dry off but since the teacher arrived late all of the kids and parents for the next class arrived wondering why I was dripping wet in street clothes. Then I hear the Spanish accent from the teacher say, "Connor, did you poop?" Sure enough...poo in the pool. That was the last straw for me. Double embarrassment plus too much adrenaline and hormones equals the end of swimming lessons for the day.

I am still trying to figure out what kind of test God is giving me with this mess. I mean, I hope he has decided that I am worthy of another child because it's a little late for that now!

No comments:

Post a Comment