Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bad Breath Gone Too Far

Everyone has their pet peeves - gum smacking, biting nails, bad grammar, excessive clearing of the throat - the list goes on.  I have lots. In fact, as I have thought more about it I realize I may have a serious problem. The one that annoys me the most is bad breath.  I can be as happy as a lark feeling kind and carefree but if I smell bad breath I instantly want to punch the person in the throat and douse them in Listerine. Ick.  I despise it.  It it gross and rude.  I mean come on!  Have a little bit of respect for the people around you!  Always carry a mint and a package of gum with you.  Invest in some wisps people.

I frequently tell my husband and children things like, "eeewwwww brush your teeth."  "Uugggghhhhhh your breath stinks."  "Ick do not breathe on me!"  I do realize this is rude but it is less rude than punching them in the throat.  Today I discovered that I may need to lay off a bit.  I took the boys to a Valentines party for the new moms group that I joined.  Connor was sitting on my lap and I commented that something smelled bad.  "It's probably my breath mom," Connor said.   Well isn't that a lovely first impression.  I whispered to him that it wasn't his breath and that I thought his shirt smelled moldy. He hopped up and he and Charlie started playing with the other kids. 

I sat for a while longer chatting with the other moms. When it was time to go we said our goodbyes and made our way to the door. I thought to myself, "Well that was nice.  The boys were polite, didn't make a huge mess and played well with the other kids.  Success!!!!!"  Connor pointed to a group of children still playing and said, "Mom, that girls breath was baaaaaaaad.  I told her that she really needs to brush her teeth."

Whoops.  So much for first impressions.  At least he didn't punch her in the throat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment