Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Surprise

Chris was out of town.  On valentines day. Boo!  I had zero expectations for the day.  I was only hoping that no one decided to go grape stomping in the kitchen.  That would be gift enough. 

Charlie woke up singing the ABCs about 6:30 this morning and I played dead for about five minutes until he finally started yelling for me. "Moooooooommmeeeeeee!  Goo mooooorrrrrrninnnnnn!"  I shuffled upstairs to release the beast. When I got to the top of the stairs Connor burst out of his room and yelled, "Happy Valentine's Day mommy!!!!  It is the day of love!"  I just about melted right there on the carpet. This sweet little man remembered that all on his own without his father there to prompt him and couldn't wait to greet and hug me. That is the cutest, sweetest, most adorable thing ever. EVER! Right?

Wrong. It got even cuter. He started jumping up and down and talking so quickly I almost couldn't understand him. "Mom!  Mom! I have some Valentine stuff for you stashed in my closet!"

He disappeared into his closet for a few seconds then came out with a stuffed purple elephant inside a coffee mug. He told me this was the gift he had chosen for me and I needed to name the elephant. Immediately. 

Back into his closet. Reappeared with a box of chocolates with green one-eyed monster on the front. This is what Charlie chose. Connor said it was a picture of me or Mike Wozowski from Monsters Inc.  He wasn't sure which.

One more trip into the closet and he produced a pair of earrings from one of my favorite jewelry designers. 

This child usually cannot keep a secret for two seconds yet he managed to get instructions from Chris several days earlier and keep his mouth shut about it.  I was amazed. Way to go Connor. And way to go Chris...Now THAT is a sweet hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment