Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Let's Not!

I want what every mother wants for her children. I want my boys to be kind, intelligent little men who are polite, respectful and make good choices. I do my best (most of the time) to model this behavior and correct them when they make bad decisions. But some days...some days I really just want to tell them, “Today, let's just not be awful. Mmmkay?” Some days I give up on attempting model behavior and I want them to just NOT BE AWFUL!

How about lets NOT spit in our teachers face. Let's NOT tell people that we don't care what they say. Let's NOT throw our shoes at the dashboard. Let's NOT lick the driveway. Let's NOT get sent the office at school (at least not both of you). Let's NOT have an accident in our pants. And let's NOT try everything we can think of to make our mother cry. Tomorrow we can try again to be calm, well-mannered gentleman but for the rest of the day please, please, please let's just NOT BE AWFUL! Please boys. Your mother is begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment