Sunday, March 20, 2011

Poop Day and No Pants

Friday was another fabulous adventure in mothering. Little man was severely constipated and was refusing to bend his knees to help the process along. After several hours of the crying and pain I couldn't take it anymore and finally managed to force him onto the toilet seat. Well of course, he got a little out but it was on the toilet seat. In the process of trying to re-diaper a screaming, wiggling, flailing child, he managed to pick up the poop that was on the toilet seat and took off running out of the bathroom. It takes me a few seconds to get up off the floor (big belly, soreness etc.) so by the time I caught up to him he had somehow gotten it on his foot and tracked it all over the living room floor, kitchen floor and kitchen table. Eeew, eeew, eww. So I get to clean that up.

Fast forward to bath time that night. Of COURSE the warm bath water loosened things up for the munchkin. Chris was bathing Connor while I was cleaning toothpaste from the sink and counter (apparently all males develop the habit of leaving globs of toothpaste everywhere at an early age) when I got a whiff of stink.
"Chris did he poop in the bathtub?"
"No."
"Are you sure because I smell it?"
Chris starts fishing around under the bubbles and sure enough...

Eeeeewww! Instead of taking Connor out of the bath like I think would be the typical first reaction he starts frantically fishing turds out of the water.
"Chris! Take him out! He can't just continue to soak in a pool of shit!"

So Chris took him to the other bathroom because he still had soap in his hair. Great! Now I am cleaning up poop for the second time in one day...and we are not even potty training. And when there is poop in the bathtub there is a lot of cleaning involved. You have to clean the tub, all the toys that were in the water, the washcloths, sponges etc. PAIN IN THE A!

Now onto the no pants. Not that I can really blame the stress of Friday for my brain farts on Sunday but there is no other explanation. I just walked out in my front yard to get the newspaper wearing nothing but a t-shirt and granny panties. Woops. I really have lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment