Monday, December 9, 2013

Meh

am REALLY good at three things. Drinking vodka straight, complaining and buying shoes. In fact, I may the best in the world at these three things. But everything else I am just, as my sister would say, meh. Meh is pronounced just like it is spelled but with a long e and is usually accompanied by a shoulder shrug and a head tilt. Meh...as in, “Was the movie good? Meh.” “Did you like the dinner? Meh.” “How does this shirt look on me? Meh.” Meh: Not too good and not too bad. Just meh.

I like to write, but I ain't winning any awards. I'm a meh writer. I can cook fine, but most new recipes I try are only made once because no one likes them. I'm a meh cook. I try to listen to my children and seem interested in what they are saying but most of the time I am thinking of something else and just nodding. I'm a meh mom.

Even my kids seem to think so. Today I was making treats for the boys teachers. I showed them to Connor and he said, “They look pretty nice but maybe next time make them not so squished.” I tried on a new skirt that I bought and Charlie said, “You look kinda pretty momma!” At least they are attempting enthusiasm.

My dream is that one day I learn to be REALLY good at something that is not detrimental to my health, relationships or credit score. Maybe when I have tons of free time I'll take a class...ahahahahahahahahaha. For now, I'll hand out my squished cookies looking kinda pretty and smile and nod while simultaneously singing Bohemian Rhapsody in my head. I'll be meh.







No comments:

Post a Comment