Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Sleep Dilemma

My husband snores like a freight train on an average day. Tonight he is congested (additional snoring intensity) and doped up on NyQuil (even more intense snoring) so needless to say, I'm pretty sure the people across the street can hear him.  His parents and brother and sister-in-law are staying with us so the guest beds are full. Now I face a serious question: do I have a sleepless night in a) my own bed next to the jet engine, b) next to a five year old who will kick me in the head and drool on me or c) on the couch where my back will certainly be non-functional tomorrow?

Staying here would be a kind choice. I could hop up and get water and medicine for my sick husband, rub his back to soothe him and check his temperature at 3 am. Um...yeah right!  I love you honey, but have you MET me?!?!

Option two. Connor is a good cuddler. He snuggles up right next to me and tucks his feet under my leg to warm them up and there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping child. He also drools like a bulldog and kicks like a donkey. I am likely to wake up with a black eye. 

And finally, the couch. No snoring, no kicking. Sounds appealing, right? Not!  I need to be able to walk for the next few days. 

That leaves me with secret option D: Kick Tim out. The grandparents get to keep their bed because, well, they are the grandparents. I do have a little respect. I can't sleep next to my brother-in-law because that is just disturbing on so many levels. So move over Uncle Timbo! I'll put a blankie on the couch for ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment