Monday, November 25, 2013

Cleaning Again?!

My darling 5-year-old son has been having a more intense attitude problem than usual. The complaining and nagging is infuriating. A typical conversation with him goes something like this:
Me: Connor, please (insert request)
Connor: Noooooooo. Why do you always say for me to do things I don't like?!
Me a little more stern: Connor, please (insert request)
Connor: I TOLD you...I'm NOT doing that because I HATE it and you are being so mean to me!
Me yelling this time: CONNOR, I SAID (Insert request) AND IM NOT TELLING YOU AGAIN. DO IT NOW!!!!
Connor: you are the meanest mom ever!!!!

Repeat several hundred times a day. 

Today, he caught me off guard.  I mentally prepared myself for the usual storm and I asked him to pick up the crayons.  

"Again?!?!  I've already cleaned up something today and I'm NOT cleaning anything else!!"

I think I am going to adopt this same attitude. And let our house fall completely apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment