Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks

I spend a lot of time complaining. I complain about chores and errands and my children's not so perfect behavior. I complain A LOT. But I am thankful for everything that I complain about. 

I am thankful for my children. I am thankful that they are healthy enough to run around screaming and throwing things at the wall and I am thankful that I am healthy enough to chase after them and carry their flailing bodies to time out. I know there are mothers who would give anything to see their child doing anything outside of a hospital bed and mothers who have to watch other people take care of their children because they are too sick to do so themselves. 

I am thankful for a husband who works his butt off to provide a generous life for his wife and sons. He is the reason we have a beautiful home that I am able to complain about trying to keep clean, plenty of clothes that stare back at me begging to be washed, a pantry full of food that I can groan about cooking.  I know that I am beyond fortunate to have this wonderful, sweet, loving man. Most people are not so lucky. 

I am thankful that I have friends that I have to remember to call and keep up with. I am thankful that my mom makes such a big deal out of family activities and I have to rearrange our schedule to accommodate my sisters crazy families and kids and custody agreements and distance constraints. I am thankful that my dad doesn't wear his hearing aids when we are around and we have to scream things at him to get his attention.  I am thankful that my boys have paternal grandparents that I have to endure a horrendous drive and carsickness to see.  How many people can say they regularly get to see their entire family and that their in-laws love their grandchildren so much that they will drop everything and drive nine hours just to see them for a day? I don't know how I would handle anything without my family and my friends. I am thankful that they are here and I cherish them.   All of them. 

I am thankful to have all these things to complain about.  I hope no one was offended by this. It truly is my twisted way of saying how grateful I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment