Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Well so much for that

I made the tragic mistake and admitting to myself that I was having a peaceful moment. Charlie was napping. I was chopping fresh, healthy ingredients for our dinner while Connor was coloring Thanksgiving turkey pictures for his friends. It was lovely. 

And then Charlie woke up. 

"Mooooooommmmmmmyyyyyy!"  He's downstairs in a flash. "No Charlie!  Don't touch my pictures!!"
Push
"Mommy I want use maaaaakkkkerrrr tooooo. No crayon!"
Snack bowl hits floor. 
"Mom, watch this. I'm going to give myself a little haircut."

This one warrants leaving the stove. But not before I dumped 2 tablespoons of cumin on the pot that I had already put the lid on. 

"I waaaaaannnnnttttt cwacker!!!!!"
"Hey Charlie, draw in your eyeball."

Holy Moses. Haircut, two year old covered in markers, ground spices all over the kitchen, snacks everywhere, screaming people. In less than five minutes. 

What is that burning smell?!

No comments:

Post a Comment