Monday, November 18, 2013

RIP Lego Balloon

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised at the insane things my children think of. They do contain Chris's DNA after all. 

From the stories I have heard and the leftover wacky ideas that still pop up every once in a while, I'm shocked Chris survived past 13 years old.  The amount of knives, fires and improvised explosive devices this man has dealt with in his life is astonishing. 

Last week he discovered a hornets nest in the fireplace in our kitchen and decided that the best way to eradicate them was to light the fire and sit next to it with a barbecue lighter. He individually torched any brave soul who tried to escape the inferno.

Two weeks ago Connor got a helium balloon at a birthday party and promptly let go of it in our 20 foot ceiling living room. It has been a decorative fixture ever since. This morning, Chris decided he was tired of it. After a few shots at it with a nerf cross bow and an inventive use of the telescoping light bulb changer stink thingie, Lego balloon is resting peacefully in the garbage can. 

I never said the hair-brained ideas weren't effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment